Thursday, September 26, 2013

Getting ever closer

Every time I turn around, Brendan sends me more photos of his progress.  I love it!  I cannot believe how well he is translating my sketches into reality!

We now have a definitive weight: the sword will weigh in at 3.25lb and have a point of balance at 3.5" from the guard.  Translation: the master sword can definitely be wielded either one or two hands.  Just as a bastard sword should be.

Here is another taste at the progress:


He did a great job on the leather wrapping as well as the dye.  Going to have a beautiful blue/purple tone; perfect for a Twilight Princess setting!


Here you can see the Triforce placed on the ricasso.  He also has the inscription on the blade placed.  This is all coming together so nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment