Friday, October 3, 2014

A Triforce Beginning to Emerge

Hey all, today is a brief update but I realized it has been much much too long since I've updated. My project went on hold for a while in order to buy a house! I had to take down the workshop for a while and begin some commissions for blades (not Zelda related).

Now that we are settled, I have gotten my workshop minimally functional again and so I thought I would update everyone. At this point I have three triangles cut for the shield, and have rough ground all the edge bevels:


This was taken in dim natural light with no flash. Here it is again with the flash (unmistakably more gold looking as it is brass):


Clearly you can see the grind and file marks. The next step will be to polish with progressively finer grits and finally buff to a mirror polish.

I have also acquired the steel plating for the accents that will be around the rim. Once the triangles are finished I will start cutting those out.

On the Princess Zelda front, I am now evaluating whether I want to change out the Swarovski crystals for the crown with genuine Swiss Blue Topaz. They are substantially more expensive but also so impressive looking. What do you all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment