Friday, March 28, 2014

A triforce has been minted

Hi all! Well I have the brass cut for the triforce on the face of the shield! Taking a total of 5 hours of cutting with an extremely fine kerf diamond carbide blade saw, the three triangles are rough cut.  They now need to be slightly bent to match the curvature of the shield, beveled and polished.  I then will form the framing from 1/8" diameter iron.  And then I can begin embossing the Loftwing (the Phoenix looking bird on the face) into the steel.  I have laid the triangles on the face to give you all an idea...



It's coming slowly, but good things are worth the wait!

2 comments:

  1. What will you use to bend the brass? Is there are tool for that? Some kind of roller/bender?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brass is reasonably soft. I actually have done it already, it will be in the next blog post. I just threw them on my 3-ton Arborr press.

    ReplyDelete